Spring 2004 / Sections 3 & 4
Last generated: Mon Apr 19 15:54:39 2004 EST.
- (Apr. 19) Homework #8 (Constraints) is available in the OTC system: DUE April 30 (10 trials, 3 minutes attempt interval).
- (Apr. 12) Homework #7 (Relational Algebra) is available in the OTC system: DUE April 19.
- (Mar. 31) Homework #6 (Normalization) is available in the OTC system: DUE April 11.
- (Mar. 31) Homework #5 (Functional Dependency) is available in the OTC system: DUE
April 6 April 11.
- (Mar. 3) Homework #4 (SQL Lab #2) is available in the OTC system: DUE Mar 17.
- (Feb. 27) Homework #3 (SQL Lab #1) is available in the OTC system: DUE: Mar 5.
- (Jan. 21) Homework #1 is available in the OTC system:
- Duration: Jan. 22 00:01 - Jan. 26 23:59
- Three trials to get it right
- (Jan. 19) Initial assignment of ID/Passwd for OTC system is ready. Please do the following ASAP:
- Find your name in the assignment sheet. Make a note of your initial ID/Passwd.
- Login at http://www.gradiance.com/psu-winter04 using the initial ID/Passwd for you
- On the menu, go to "Update Account", then add a nickname that's easier to remember than your initial ID. For instance, you can use your PSU ID as your nickname. NO NEED to provide "Student ID" here.
- On the menu, go to "Update Password", then change the initial password to new one.
- Since you don't have a homework yet, other menus will show nothing.
- Now, throughout the semester, you will use the ID and Passwd that you just changed. Do not reveal them to others.
- Starting from this semester, for homework, IST210 uses the OTC
(On-Line Testing Center) system by Gradiance. In a nutshell,
homework in the OTC system consists of multiple-choice questions
that can be answered several times with hints for each wrong
answer, thus encouraging students to learn by doing homework.
- The grading of homework is done automatically by the OTC
system, thus eliminating the confusion and hassle of subjective
- Please read the following information and get familiar with the OTC: