Advanced Web Applications: Course Conduct
Last generated: Mon Jan 10 11:49:03 2005 EST.
- Classes will start on time and end as scheduled. The
un-announced quizzes will be given at the beginning
of class, and thus if you are late to class, you get 0 for the quiz. No exception.
- During the class time, no personal use of computers is allowed
(e.g., surfing, chatting). If caught, 2N % will be deducted from the
final score (1%, 2%, 4%, 8%, 16%, ...).
- You are responsible for all the readings, even if
the material is not explicitly covered in class. You should
read the class materials prior to class and be prepared to
discuss and ask questions about the readings and
assignments. You should also re-read the material after
class as not every topic will be covered during class time.
- All work must be completed and turned in at the start of class on the assigned date. No
late work will be accepted. Late means after the class has
begun. Note that a computer's failure is not an excuse (it
represents poor planning on your part).
- If you miss a deadline or exam due to university
recognized excuses, a written documentation
(e.g., a doctor's note) must be handed to me at the end of
a lecture. If you can't provide such, you get 0 for the missed work.
- All assignment should be typed and printed properly by
editing software (i.e., no hand-writing), except complex
drawings. Individual project must be done individually, and group
project must be done by all members. If I become aware that you
are not contributing to your group equally, I will intervene.
- Students who participate in University-sanctioned events (such as athletics)
must make prior arrangements and give ample notice.
- You can't get higher grade by offering doing some extra
work. Similarly, in grading, instructor does not consider the
status of students (whether s/he is a senior or freshman) -- just
the performance of the student. An excuse like "I need to get C
to graduate" will not be considered at all.
- However, undergraduate students and graduate students, if any, will be graded